*This book was given to me in exchange for an honest review.
This volume includes these stories:
- The Pig and the Peacock: A police officer peacock becomes friends with a pig taxidermist and asks him to preserve his body.
- The Shiba Inu and the Shiba Inu: A shiba inu model fears aging out of his cuteness and losing his job.
- The Crow and the Kangaroo: An albino crow in a “Brights” neighborhood befriends an albino kangaroo who must sleep with any male who asks in order to live in safety.
- The Steller’s Sea Eagle and the Mongolian Gerbil: An eagle is concerned about losing his gerbil sugar mama.
- The Chipmunk and the “Mountain Hare”: When an author’s manuscript is nearly overdue, a young chipmunk goes to visit the author directly.
- The Wolf and the Rabbit: We revisit Legoshi and Haru for a special ceremony.
I like these stories. They give more insight into the world of Beastars. I never thought about the unique issues an albino beast would have (that one is fucked up, to be honest, for what they make the kangaroo do). The specific issues certain species face is really interesting and of course it was good to see Legoshi and Haru again. This is a solid collection! 4 out of 5.