I was reading through some reviews on my books – which I tend to do when I feel blocked or like I suck – and looking at the reviews on Go Away Girls: The Mirror, I decided to check and see where I left off with the novel I’m working on in that same universe. I plug in the flash drive, I double click the file and get a happy little message that the file is corrupted and can’t be repaired. I check my Google Drive? No backup. I had backups of every story BUT that one.
Then I think “Well, that’s fine. I’ll just get the notebook I wrote it in. I’m sure there’s a printed copy in there.” I spent the next 20 minutes tearing through things to locate it thinking I’d lost that too.
But the good news is, I did find it. I’m glad the worst thing about all that drama is the fact I have to retype the whole thing. Not a big deal at all. I have lost stories before (mostly because I’d trusted someone to give me the damn disk back and of course they lost it) and it’s devastating.
I’ll be adding that book into my rotation.
Right now, Emma’s story is up to 6375 words and I see plenty of potential in it now that I’ve spent the weekend editing it. I did consider scrapping the project thinking it would just going to be too short but I changed my mind.
That’s all I have to report for this week!
Follow me on BlogLovin.