Dreamhunter and Greenhouse have been updated! I had to email Amazon to allow people to have already purchased the book to receive the new copies but unfortunately, they deemed the changes too minor to send an email out to the customers. So, I’m doing it!
Here are some instructions on how to update a kindle book yourself. The changes I’ve made are mostly grammar and spelling errors, with some more detailed descriptions added in but nothing that changes the plot too much. But I’m glad they’re all fixed up. So, update if you wish or grab a fresh copy today! 😀
This month has started out insane with library conferences and ticket booth painting (ugh, what a day that was…) so I haven’t been creating as much new content. I’ve been going back and editing since I finally have installed Grammarly on Word. I am so frustrated with myself and with technology after finding so many typos and instances where clearly some glitch happened because there is no way I would repeatedly type a single word wrong in every instance of using it. So, I’ve been going through all my old manuscripts to make sure I catch all those sorts of errors.
Sadly, Amazon’s KDP is the only service that will allow me to send an updated manuscript when these edits are done. I won’t be sending out that notice until I’ve updated the cover but I will post about when to expect it and instructions that Barnes and Noble sent me about how to update those copies of the book.
And don’t worry, the new edits don’t affect anything plot wise.
Things have been going pretty well on the promotion front these days. It’s not much but I still see my writing as a way to make a decent sized side income. What is a trickle today may be a flood tomorrow so I’m not giving up. If anything, I’m working harder and being more diligent about meeting my goals and polishing my craft. One of the tools I picked up to help me out (because I’m concerned about copycats) is Grammarly’s online plagiarism and grammar tool because I’m awesome enough to do all this other stuff, but can’t remember how to properly use a comma to save my life.
This week I have finished one more chapter of First Brood 3 and picked at a few submission calls that I have floating around. My main focus has been to get my finances in order and get debt free. I’m a pretty responsible person so my credit debt is nil but I still have the car loan and the mortgage. Once my car loan is paid off, I can throw that money on the mortgage. 🙂 And of course the sales of my books go towards that, as well. (hint hint, nudge nudge)
Next week is Winter Break and being a good mama, I’ve taken my vacation with my daughter. I’ve got plans to get crafty so be prepared to laugh at my attempts to make homemade lip balm and teach my 6 year old to knit.