bake, baking, bread crumbs, broccoli, cheese, chopped garlic, cook, cooking, dinner, food, garlic, hello kitty, olive oil, panko, panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, recipe, red pepper, side, side dishes, vegetarian
This picture has been circulating around my Instagram and I had a bunch of people ask me how I made it.
Yes, that is a Hello Kitty plate… It’s my daughter’s… She likes broccoli. :p
Anyway, I had some panko breadcrumbs taking up space in my kitchen and I was thinking of ways to use them up. I happened upon this recipe and changed it up a little. Here’s what I did:
- Pre heat oven to 425
- Put thin layer of panko on a baking sheet
- Brown panko in the oven for 3-5 minutes
- While the panko is cooking, put broccoli florets in a bowl with olive oil, chopped garlic, and some dried red pepper (to taste)
- Toss baked panko into the bowl too.
- Put the whole lot on a baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes (or until the broccoli is all cooked)
My kiddo liked it with some Parmesan cheese on it but me? It was good with the tiniest bit of kosher salt. ^_^ I used frozen broccoli (cause that’s what I had on hand) but I can’t see this going wrong with fresh as long as you play with the cooking time.
Also, try flavor infused olive oil. I can see myself eating this all the time and it’s not too bad in the health department.
Also? My kid will eat plain broccoli with nothing but lemon juice on it. I can’t attest to the “my kid won’t eat veggies but they will if it’s like this” factor. You other parents out there will have to try that out for yourselves. ;D